Friday, September 13, 2013

On Purpose: No Accidents

Most of you reading our blog have probably read our posts on facebook and the news that we have accepted a referral to adopt a little girl.  While we would love to share the details publicly, we aren't allowed to at this time and are awaiting the official approval that says we can pursue the adoption. However, we can tell you we simply love her already!

Our church recently began a new small group study called: What On Earth Am I Here For? by Rick Warren.  If you have read any of his studies, listened to his sermons online or heard him speak, you know what a wonderful man of God he is.  If you haven't, I highly recommend finding time to do so.  In the study we just began, on the very first page of the study it states...

You were made by God and for God's purposes, and until you understand that, life will never make sense.

This is a powerful statement for anyone created by God, which is well...ALL OF US! But it especially rung true to me when thinking about all the orphans in the world!  God made each of them and has a purpose for them all!  We pray the Lord has it in HIS will for us to adopt this little girl and to see just what HIS purposes are for her life!  We also pray for other orphans that God has it in His will for them to become part of forever families.  

As the study continued, it also had this excerpt which brought me to tears.  Regardless if you are an orphan, know someone who is, feeling unimportant or just needing some encouragement...these are powerful words...

You are not an accident.  There are accidental parents, but there are no accidental births. There are illegitimate parents, but there are no illegitimate children.  There are unplanned pregnancies, but there are no unpurposed people.  God wanted you in this world.  You are not an accident.  

This especially struck my heart with our adoption process.  As you are aware, we chose to adopt a child that is considered "disabled". (I really do not like that word and understand now why parents who have children that fit into this category choose other words to describe their child.) As we are able to reveal more things online, we will share more about our little girl's "uniqueness" and traits that make her so special!  Until then, just trust us when we say she is absolutely precious! Anyway, the excerpt above has been repeated in my mind all week, since I read it.  Each of us were created for a purpose and were not accidents.  Everything that makes us unique and special are things God thought of and knew we would have long before we were born.  You, (God), saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe. Every day was recorded in your book. Psalm 139:16 If I get the chance, when we go to pick up our future child, I promise to pray this over other children I see that are orphans.  Granted, they may not understand my English speaking prayer, I pray they feel it being said in love and know how truly special they are...they are unique by God's design and purpose! I pray this for each of you reading our blog as well, that you would know how truly special you are and that God made you on purpose and wanted you in this world!  You are not an accident!

No comments:

Post a Comment