Monday, May 27, 2013

Paperwork Pregnancy Begins


When we began the process of adopting, we were given a very tentative timeline of  it taking 1-2 years from start to having a child placed in our home.  One huge factor in the length of the process is the estimated 4-8 months of paperwork also known as the "paperwork pregnancy"!  I admit when I heard it was going to take 4-8 months to complete papers, I chuckled!  I thought to myself, "Why would it take THAT LONG to fill out some papers?"  Well, we have begun our first packet and it is very extensive, consisting of home studies, reference letters, physicals, medical information, background checks, reading assignments, 10 hours of online coursework, autobiography of our family, etc. etc....I am praying we will be "paperwork over-achievers" with the goal of getting it done in 4 months or less!  (How's that for a pregnancy?) The sooner we get all of it completed, the closer we are to growing our family and that's one AWESOME incentive to keep in mind!  We appreciate your prayers for 
a speedy paperwork process with few hiccups as possible!



1 comment:

  1. If anyone can do it in a timely manner, I know you can Brittney! Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete