Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Glimpse of Heaven

When we first began discussing adoption, these verses have been some of the "life verses" we keep referring back to:


Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will. Ephesians 1:4-5

Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

My personal prayer in preparing my heart for God to reveal His timing for our adoption was for Him to break my heart for what breaks His!  I want to look through lenses as Jesus does to see people as He sees them.  We are all like orphans and He loves each and everyone of us in spite of our little (and big) quirks!  As I scroll over the website of waiting children in China, my heart has truly been broken!  It is broken thinking that each of these children are in need of someone to show them love! It is broken because there are so many children that were put up for adoption because of their disabilities or because they were not the firstborn of their family.  It is broken because of the physical needs they have whether it be needed surgeries or one-on-one attention or simply better living conditions.  It is broken because on the list of waiting children there are several boys and girls approaching the age of 14 and once they turn 14 they are removed from the adoption lists, will never be adopted, and will remain in an orphanage until they are 18 or beyond depending on their disabilities.  My heart is broken that there are children out there that need love...love that so many people take for granted on a daily basis!  Love that I could give them or a mom or dad could provide them, but something more...love from their heavenly Father that they have no clue about!  The very Creator that formed and knew them in their mother's womb loves them and they have never even heard the name of Jesus spoken!  My heart is broken!  

But in the midst of this emotional day I am also filled with hope!  Hope knowing that there are many families that have welcomed a child into their forever family!  Hope that the care takers in the orphanages love these children!  Hope that many families, like ourselves, are in the process of adopting and will help provide homes for these children!  Hope that we serve a sovereign God who has a plan and purpose for every single life!  He knows my name, your name, and every orphan's name!  He knows our hearts and loves us!  I know God has created just the child for our family and I know He is truly working on my heart through this process, drawing me closer to His side, and for that I am ever thankful for this hope-filled "glimpse of Heaven"!


Here is a picture of "Carl" written out in Mandarin Chinese!  This is our future child's new last name!

No comments:

Post a Comment